This apartment, sleeps 2/3 people, is ideal for those wanting a low cost holiday whilst enjoying and exploring the island, walking the levadas and generally discovering all the gems that Madeira has to offer. It is adjacent to the main house but with its own entrance and the location is described as for the house.
The apartment is also available for a long-term-let should you wish to stay for a longer period for holidaying or working. Special terms available.
- A sitting room with sofa bed that can sleep a third person; Chairs and table.
- TV/DVD,Radio and WiFi available.
- Bedroom with double bed, hanging area for clothes and chest of drawers.
- A well equipped kitchen with gas oven, hob and microwave large refrigerator with small freezer. Breakfast table and stools.
- Bathroom with w.c. bidet, basin and bath with shower over, hair dryer.
- Outside under the covered porch is a washing machine and also wicker chairs for outside seating.
PRICES for 2018:
|BUDGET APARTMENT at Quinta Elena|
|Jan / Feb||£230 per week|
|March / April / May||£250 per week|
|June/July/August/September||£280 per week|
|October||£250 per week|
|November/First half of December||£230 per week|
|Christmas/New Year Period||£295 per week|
The above prices are for two people. A third person can be accommodated for an extra £50 per week.
A refundable damage deposit of £100 applies.
A taxi can be arranged to meet you at the Airport and transport you to the Apartment this costs €30 but it is also possible to get the airport bus which stops nearby to the apartment.
Sleeping up to four people, this is a new apartment on the top third floor, built and located within a modern complex known as `Living Funchal` that includes a swimming pool, and also a luxury, fully equipped, Heath Spa to which you are entitled at a reduced entry fee. A large terrace has two loungers and a dining table and chairs and from where you can enjoy views across the town with all the colourful roof tops, down to the harbour, often with cruise ships tied up, and also up into the mountains. A 10/15 minute walk downhill takes you into Funchal town centre with many interesting buildings and churches, as well as numerous restaurants and bars. There is a bus stop outside the building with a direct bus service back from the town centre for those not-so energetic people who can’t face the return back up the hill.
- This modern top floor apartment(with lift) has tiled floors throughout and large glazed doors onto the terrace; it is furnished with modern contemporary furnishings.
- The spacious sitting room has a large leather sofa and easy chairs, a glass topped dining table and chairs and storage units. TV/DVD/radio and WiFi also available.
- The main bedroom has a king size comfortable double bed, TV, wardrobes and chest of drawers and an en-suite bathroom with bath, w.c., basin and walk-in shower.
- Second bedroom has twin beds and wardrobe and dressing table. There are also velux windows in the bedrooms.
- A family bathroom has walk-in shower, w.c. and basin: hair dryer supplied.
- A fully equipped kitchen has a modern electric hob, oven and large refrigerator/ freezer. There is also a washer/dryer.
- The terrace has two loungers and also a table and chairs for outside dining. There is a retractable sun awning for when the sun gets too hot!
- Parking is available in the private under-ground car park with a designated parking space.
- A large swimming pool area with loungers provided – a perfect place to relax and soak up the sunshine.
- NOW FITTED WITH AIR CONDITIONING.
PRICES for 2018:
|January/February 2018||£425 per week|
|March / April / May||£450 per week|
|June / July / August / September||£475 per week|
|October||£450 per week|
|November / to mid December||£425 per week|
|Christmas / New Year||£745 per week|
All prices are inclusive of WIFI and an underground car parking space and are for up to four people.
There is a £150 returnable damage deposit payable.
*A taxi can be arranged to meet you at the Airport and transport you to the Apartment at the cost of €30.
A perfect location for the centre of Funchal and all interesting gems that the town has to offer. On the gentle stroll downhill you will pass the glorious avenue of Jacaranda trees that are riot of colour from late April through until June. On the right side is the large open space of Santa Catarina Park that also has many interesting trees and shrubs and also sweeping views of the town, the mountains and out to sea. The harbour area is spread below.
Nearby we have a number of very good coffee shops, convenience stores and good restaurants. There are also bus stops which will take you to various other areas..
This rather special house is of a traditional style, a family home known as a ‘Quinta’. Built over a century ago it is painted in typical colours of Madeira with a red tiled roof and has a delightful enclosed garden with many flowers and shrubs. A little haven of peace where you can sit, relax and enjoy your surroundings. There are also two sun terraces with views across the town, up into the mountains and out to sea.
It is spacious and although an older style, has been charmingly modernised. The atmosphere provided ensures that you will feel that you are staying in a local family home rather than a hotel block.
- Accommodates up to six people in comfort and comprises
- A large open plan sitting room with fireplace and furnished with many family antiques and comfortable seating. TV,DVD and radio/CD are also provided. WiFi Available.
- French doors look onto the garden area.
- Dining Area with large table and chairs.
- Downstairs cloakroom and basin decorated with Portuguese tiling.
- A large kitchen decorated with Portuguese tiles and equipped with electric oven, gas hob, dishwasher, microwave and large refrigerator/freezer. There is also a large pine cupboard and table and chairs for kitchen dining.
- An elegant wide staircase leads up to the first floor where there are three bedrooms.
- A master suite has an extra large king sized bed and has doors leading onto a side sun terrace, facing westwards this is ideal for enjoying the afternoon sun. A sun lounger and wicker chairs are provided. There is a dressing room with wardrobe and also a tiled en-suite bathroom, with basin, w.c and bath with shower over.
- Bedroom 2, is furnished with a double Four-Poster bed and has a built-in wardrobe.
- Bedroom 3, has a single bed and built-in wardrobe.
- All bedrooms have mosquito protection at the windows and shutters.
- Also on the first floor is a tiled family bathroom with walk-in shower, w.c. bidet and basin; hair-dryer is provided.
- Stairs continue to the upper floor with doors that lead onto the upper sun-terrace, complete with two sun-loungers. Here there are distant views of the Desertas Islands and up to the mountains.
- The upper room has velux windows in addition to the French doors and is furnished with a pretty iron, full-size, day bed that is ideal for an adult or child.
- Outside in the walled garden, we have provided a table and chairs for dining and at the rear of the house is a covered area with shower & w.c. Ideal for use after a walk on the levadas and for leaving boots and macs. There is also a washing machine and drying area.
- We do not have our own swimming pool but we do have an arrangement with a nearby hotel where, for a small fee, you can enjoy their large pool and also a child’s pool, and a restaurant and bar. Towels are provided and you can also swim in the sea. An attendant is there to help you.
- A taxi is included in the rental fee to transport you from the Airport to the Villa (return to airport is not included).
PRICES for 2018:
|Jan / Feb||£595 per week (extra days charged at £85)|
|March / April/May||£635 per week (extra days charged at £85)|
|June/July/August/September||£695 per week (extra days charged at £90)|
|October||£635 per week (extra days charged at £85)|
|November/ Mid December||£595 per week (extra days charged at £85)|
|Christmas/New Year Period||£960 per week|
Above prices are for up to four people using the Villa and using the two double bedrooms. Extra charge of £75 per person per week for additional people.
*These prices include being met at the Airport by taxi and transported to the house. (return to airport is not included)
A refundable Damage Deposit of £200 applies.